***-Marc Bolan/Tyrann.Rex CLIP "Sarah Crazy Child"
Well this is what so many of have waited many years for -it might only be 22 seconds but 22 seconds of pure Bolan Magic & Joy.This clip is part of video from earliest known-surviving Marc Bolan performance, "Sarah Crazy Child" from October 1967.
-Boy George -"Children of the Revolution".
It might only be a 1:00minute clip (of what looked like a rousing full version) but it is a JOY to see once again The Boy doing his bit to keep Marc's Name and music alive. The Clip was taken at a B-Daye bash for Boy in June 2003 -
Boy George /Culture Club still perform Bolan songs in concert.
Shakespears Sister with Tom Jones -"Hot Love".
Maybe a bit campy, but a real treat to have the Sisters along with Mr. Jones make a Nod to Marc.
Honestly it is a GEM. Below is also an mp3 of the Sisters doing a live version (without Tom) A Bow to the Sisters Info File site -windows media player only-
Bus Stop -"Get It ON".
We are tring to get this onto our own sever before it disappears into the mists of time. The is also a Windows Media Player file, for now we are linking you over to where you can watch the full video as well as download it. In North America the song made a small dent on the indie dance charts but was a minor hit in the U.K. -Besides the song brings Marc's music to a whole new audience (Rap) the video is brilliant with a cumputer generated insert of "Gaz' -the bands lead singer- dancing around with Marc from the original "G.I.O." T.O.T.P.'S video. We also have the song in the MP3 section
Cornershop -"Brimfull of Asha".
One of my favorite videos of all time, set in the 60's/70's just filled with all the x-citement of those early dayes when you brough home you the new 45 single ( your allowence would buy) "Cornershop" is -imho- one of the best band of recent years , so with Bongo players and lyrics that sing about "the Bolan boogie" helps.
BBC Interview -Rolan Bolan & Eric Hall.
The BBC were really behind Marc's 25th anniversary, with lots of news braodcasts as well as info on their website. This is a gem 7:00 minutes of an interview with Rolan and Eric along with some sad pixs of that dreadful daye. Well worth watching (RealPlayer needed)
-Marc Bolan -"Children of the Revolution"
1973 on French TV
Thanks and Bows to our French Tiller PPP for saving me room on our server and allowing me to connct you/us right over to his for this magical performance of Marc. -sorry that is is small realvideo- but it wasn' easy for Purple Pierre to get his hands on and we are lucky to even have this -N'joy- botht hese are direct connects to the video, you can "save target" on the link and have it to keep
-Marc Bolan -"20th Century Boy"
1973 on French TV
Read above for more info and our thanks, this is the 2nd video of Marc this time doing "20th Century Boy" -appears to be from a different show
- Marc Bolan -"I want to Tell You" (Beatles cover)(Real Audio).
I haven't made a proper page the song yet so it will open in you R.A player from the link. I really had to think this one over as it is over almost 9 minutes long-But as real Audio I found the space to squeeze it in- one of my all time fave Bolan rehersal out takes.I hope it brings you Joy too
- Marc Bolan/B.T.B "Tea Party" (Real Audio).
a magical moment from the Born to Boogie film (enhanced by a Tiller studio wiz)
- Boy George "Get It On"(ra)/Mp3 below.
- Marc Bolan -"Interview w/S.Lee".
Marc in a reverse role -Marc as the interviwer - Having a chat with one of his childhood heroes (Stan Lee world class Comic drawer-creater of "Spiderman" one of Marc's Faves)
- Marc Bolan -"Mellow Love".
a track rumoured to have appeared on the follow-up to "Dandy" ..Marc makes his nod to Elvis
- Marc Bolan -"Hound Dog". (RA)
- Morrissey & Bowie Duet"Cosmic Dancer".
Morrissey has a surprise guest at M.S.G. Mr. Bowie whome did a duet with him of "Cosmic Dancer" a staple in many Morrissey solo shows
- Marc Bolan-"Sarah Crazy Child".
- Marc Bolan-"Scare me to Death" (RA).
- Karaoke (Sing Along)-"Get It On" (RA).
A Bit more Boley' Fun -Ok get out you favourite (mic suptitude-Hair Brush)and Put on your Boa and do your best Marc impression ;-)
- Helmut Brasse -"Summer Rick" (I.E. "Summer Deep".
A special personal treat done by one of the Tiller studio wiZards -the second year in a row Helmut took one of (Ricks) fave T.Rex songs and did some wizard work and changed Marc's Summer deep into "Summer Rick" -Last year he is did "Is it Rick" underneath (-for the cats they know who they are- ;-)
- Ash -"T.Rex".
- Radio Stars -"Horrible Breath"(RA).
- Marc Bolan-"You Scare Me to Death" (RA).
- T.Rex/Tiller Sounds.
A short cut to many of the mp3's songs listed below (and real audio's) as direct links just to the tracks without the pages x-plaining the info on the tracks
- Video-Placebo "20th Century Boy".
- Boy George -"Get In On/live".
A wonderful and decent sounding Live cover by the BOY from Disneyland
- Fish (Marillion)- "Jeepster" (R.A).
- Gardinia-"Shy Boy".
A Beautiful cover By one of the most Bolanic voices (RA).
- The Creatures -(Live)"Jewel" (RA).
- Howard Stern & Loses -"Get It On".
- Saint Etienne -"Is It True".
- Siouxsie & Banshees -"20th Century Boy".
- Chase Band -"Get It On".
Those is the U.S.A. will remember this band as the band that prevented T.Rex from releasing "Get It On" (as it was in every other Country) the label had them change the title to "Bang a Gong" so not to confuse them with this track (a sort after novelty)song that had been on the charts a few weeks earlier
MP3's & "Tiller-Rex Band":
- The *2nd full *MP3 from "Tiller-Rex Band CD #2"- "Till Dawn".
Well it might have taken awhile- as the link will x-plain - we have many new tracks either completed or near completion for our next CD, I hope this track shows you the detail and High Quality we are planning for our next release
- The 1st full MP3 from "Tiller-Rex Band"-"Raw Ramp".
This is the only full Mp3 recording on the site from the 1st CD (The Cd is still available /contact us). It also is the first song that we fully recorded, what started out as a "one off" bit of fun turned into a popular 23 track "Tribute" CD. As you will see from this song we realized we were onto something special on many levels (musically, Bolanic, the connection only Bolan Fans can have -imho-). Read all about the formation of the "Tiller-Rex Band" in their section.
- "Tiller-Rex Band" CD Released*.
- Till Dawn Dub Party Mix.
Thanks to Purple Pie Pierre we have the Lovely reggae version of our "theme song"
- Alice Cooper w/Bolan -"Black Limo".
Marc was indeed in the studio during the Cooper "Billion Dollar Babies" sessions -this is an out-take that never made the LP
- Annie Christian -"Get It On".
- Dave Ash-B -"A Tear for the High Star".
- BlaZin' Squad -"Revolution".
A Treat to see another year 2003 and the Rap /Boy Bands are still using marc as an influence
Though all the lyrics are raps x-cept for the Chorus "You wont fool the C.O.T.R." I happen to like it
Marc is "Busting a Ball into Rap" and thats a good things -imho-.
- Bono (Moulin Rouge) -"Children of the Revolution".
IMHO one of the best musical films ever - add to that Bono & Gavin Friday taking this classic Bolan track & magically making it sound and fit in a film set in 1800's Paris. -Bravo-
- Bus Stop -"Get It On /Rap remix.".
Love it .....Hate it ..... that seems to be all I've heard I am more on the Love it side. Besides that it brings Marc's music to yet a whole new genre/generation of fans (and charted very well in Europe)The band kept Marc's riff intact, and just rapped over it.
- Bauhaus Live-"Telegram Sam".
For many of us the "deffinitive" cover song of any T.Rex record.
- Blondie -"Get It On".
- David Bowie -"Prettiest Star".
- Bowie & Morrissey -"Cosmic Dancer".
- Boy & Edwyn Collins -"G.I.O.".
- Boy George -"Lifes a Gas".
- Boy George -"Something Strange".
- Placebo/Bowie-"20th Century Boy".
- Blow Monkeys - "Follow that Dream".
A personal fave of mine (as I am a fan of theirs) you have to hear it to see what I mean but it is an Elvis Presley song sampled over Marc's "Planet Queen"
- Big Six-"20th Century Boy".
I rousing Rock-a-Billy version of this Classic (From the Film "The Truman Show"
- Danny Barnes "Broken Hearted Blues".
A lovely cover of a song that not many others artists have tried their hand at
- Bolan/Bowie -"Jam".
- Bolan & T.Rex -"Endless Sleep".
An oldie from Marc's youth - that really shakes with the Bolanic touch, this is a rare out-take from the Marc T.V. show
- Marc Bolan? "Mrs Jones".
"Read all about it" ;-) This song has taken on a life of its own, since we first discovered it on Joe Meeks site in 1999 (than abruptly removed a few weeks later-at that time it was listed as Marc Bolan). I/we have a rare picture I got of the original acetate .It seems now the song might be released -But is is Marc ?? - The Mystery continues. The quality is poor but much better than what we originally had up from a Real Audio clip -
- Marc Bolan "Observations".
Marc showed us his brilliant waye with word play/lyrics/poetry all in this one song-Recorded before Tyrann.Rex was even borne
- Marc Bolan "Pictures of Purple People".
Marc's "saddest" song ?? (A Tiller Quiz) ...I/we also just added (on the same page) a Link to a Live version of this magical song from the BBC sessions.
- Marc Bolan -"Bolan Blitz".
A Short blast of Marc's guitar, a great sound start-up for your PC
- Marc Bolan -"Dark-Lipped".
As I wrote on the page this song seems complete (though it was released as a "demo") and now 2002 saw the release of the song truly in its demo state on the "lec Warrior Suite" CD -
- Marc Bolan -"Various Radio Jingles".
A quite popular page on the site, I guess I am not the only one that finds such joy in Marc's candid moments on the radio. He could turn the name of any station into a lovely jingle (2 news ones added)
- Marc Bolan -"21st Century Stance".
- Marc Bolan -"Hope you Enjoy the Show".
Put on you Space Boots for this one ...Must have been a killer opening song for a T.Rex concert. So far I've only met one person that saw Marc perform it live (In the USA)
- Marc Bolan -"You Got The Look"(demo).
- Marc Bolan -"Broken Hearted Blues"(demo).
- Bolan & Jones -"To Know You is to Love".
- Bolan & Cilla Black -"Life's a Gas".
For some this was the beginning of the end for Marc's legitimicy, I see it more as Marc camping it up and enjoying all of the glory that was T.rextasy !!..
- Marc Bolan-"Lilac Hand of Menthol Dan".
Personal Note ..... I still "melt" when I hear this song
- Marc Bolan -"Lock into your Love".
What's that x-pression we use....."Pure Bolan Sex" ....Marc really let it whip on this one
- Marc Bolan -"Ill Starred Man".
one of the few new tracks on the Uni Box-set -IMHO the Only one that counts
- Marc Bolan -"Puckish Pan".
one of the few new tracks on the Uni Box-set -a treat not up to the stadard-imho- of the above track but well worth having,a lovely trip back to the Ol' Elfin Marc
- Marc Bolan & Gloria -"Love is a Splendid Thing".
Marc and Gloria team up for this "Middle of the road" classic
- Marc Bolan -"Rings of Fortune".
Studio Wizard Helmut has worked on this track to get it to the correct speed-(loss is the Micky Mouse voice) what a difference..
- Marc Bolan-"Electric Warrior Theme/There was a Time".
Recorded in Marc's flat in 1971 - the roots -imho- of not only the "Suite" but also "Rarn". A real treat.
- Bolan-T.Rex -"Children of Rarn/Main Theme".
Recorded in a session during 1976 when Marc was moving this gentle classic into a Funk mode
- Kate Bush -"Blown Away".
Kates sings about some of our lost Rock stars with a Nod to Marc
- Baby Fox -"Girl".
- Helmut Brasse-"Is It Rick".
A special treat from a special -and x-tremely talented Tiller- for my B-Daye
- Helmut Brasse-"Woodland Bop".
This is a VERY special song for us here at Till Dawn it is from our Dear Tiller friend Helmut - this link will give you the MP3 track But Romany Stew has a whole section on his site devoted to Helmut's magical Tribute CD. I hope to start a section here for it also - so for more info on this CD visit Romany Stews site at "Romany Stews Blues"
- Cat Sun Flower -"T.Rex Fan Song".
- Chumbawamba -"Solid Gold ,Easy Action"
Great cover of Marc's tune that is done all in "Chumbawamba" style (makes for a classic cover)
- Cake Like -"Love Charm".
- Cuddly Toys -"Madman".
- Lloyd Cole -"4 M.B.".
Lloyd Cole has been giving a nod to Marc through his music and interviews since he first burst upon the scene...I think I speak for many in saying this tribute song to the power & magic of Marc's music is one of the best there ever was
- Lloyd Cole -"Mystic Lady".
- Dib Cochran & Earwigs -"Universal Love".
- Dib Cochran & Earwigs -"Oh Baby".
- Drain ste -"20th Century Boy".
A Cover that appeared on the "KISS" road movie soundtrack titled "Detroit Rock City"
- From a "Friend"- "A Daye Laye".
- Flesh for Lulu- "Spaceball Ricochet".
- Flo & Eddie & Marc-"Radio Jingle".
- Haysi Fantaysee-" Chizoola (21st Century Stance)"
A fun band from the early 80's that were the first to put out a mix of "21st Century Stance" before it appeared on any Bolan Cd's
- House- "Children of the Revolution"
the best covers are the ones where the bands sound shines through-this is a lovely acoustic version -considering this is one of Marc's heaviest Rock tracks
- Marsha Hunt-"Stacy Grove".
- Nick Hayward -"Hot Love"
- I Profeti - "Caldo Amore (Hot Love)"
The Bolan Global community grows with this (close to my heart) Italian cover track.
- The International Beat - "Ride A White Swan"
Another gem as the Ska/Reggae genre embraces Marc's music, this one holds a special place with the band including former members of the Brill' Ska band "The Beat"
- G.Jones-"Go Now".
- G.Jones-"If Roses don't Come".
- Mick Jagger Interview- "So What about T.Rex".
- Paul King-"Debora".
- Kuhn The Gang-"Lean Woman Blues".
- Willie Logan (Inst.)-"Debora".
- Les Immer Esses -"Life's A Gas".
1980's German Band show their love on their "Tally-Ho" LP
- Martin Gore-"Left Hand Luke".
From Depeche to Bolan ;-)
- Morrissey -"Cosmic Dancer".
- Mon Thys -"Hot Love".
- Metal Gurus -"Metal Guru".
- Jimmy McCacklin -"The Walk" (Beltane*Walk).
- Ognennaya_Muha -"Get it On/poluchayu".
Our 1st Russian Langauge cover of a T.Rex song
- -Naomi Campbell- "Ride a White Swan"
Some laughed at her attempt at a singing career-but she made a Nod to Marc so at least her taste in music isn't that bad also imho she does a lovely cover
- John Peel Intervews Marc.
A real treat this one is, besides the sound in H.Q. it is lovely to hear Marc chat about Tyrann.Rex
- PM Dawn -"Art Deco".
a lovely laid back song by PM done over a "sample" of Marc's -"Mambo Sun"
- Radio Stars -"Horrible Breath".
Radio Stars was Andy Ellison's Band (the lead singer of Johns Children)here the re-work Marc's "You Scare me to Death" (A.K.A "Horrible Breath")
- The Replacements (live)-"20th Century Boy".
- The Replicants-"Life's a Gas".
I can say only -IMHO- that this is one of the best covers of this song but from all the feedback -on & off list by Bolan Fans it appears I am not alone..Well done !!
- Radio Futura- "Ballrooms of Mars".
A Castillian Spanish language cover of "Ballrooms" an A+ release IMHO -Well know from the 80's “La Movida de Madrid” movement.A Bow to a Till dawn visitor that sent us the info on them
- Rikki Rocket-"Rock On".
Rikki Rocket of the band "Poison" lovingly put together a "Glam Tribute" CD with 2 T.Rex tracks
Never know who Marc has influenced!
- Shockabilly -"Life's a Gas".
- Saint Etienne -"Is It True".
- Shakespears Sister -"Hot Love".
- Smashing Pumpkins & Bowie (Live) -"All the Young Dudes".
- Johnny Thunder's - "The Wizard".
- T.Rex w/Ringo-Elton-"Tutti Frutti".
- T.Rex w/Ringo-Elton-"Children of the Revolution".
- T.Rex -"Teenager in Love".
- Tyrannosaurus Rex Live-"Stacey Grove".
- T.Rex -"Jeepster" (Live Macumba Club).
- T.Rex -"Hot Love"(U.S.A.edit).
- Tyrannosaurus Rex -"Oh Baby".
A real raritie in getting this song - as most of us know it only by the Dib Cochran (Bolan) release
so this shows it had been sitting around for a bit before Marc turned it 'Lec.
- T.Rex -"Time of Love is Now".
- T.Rex -"Is It Love".
- T.Rex & Friends (live) -"Sweet Little Rock & Roller".
- Tyrann.Rex- "Sunken Rags" Acoustic.
This song never appeared on a T.Rex Lp it was included on the first Glastonbury's Festival LP
- Bolan-T.Rex -"Children of Rarn/Main Theme".
Recorded in a session during 76' when Marc was moving this gentle classic into a Funk mode
- T.Rex Live -"Hot Love".
Considered by many as the best live version of "Hot Love" -from the TV show "Midnight Special"
- Unitone Rockers- "Children of the Revolution"
Yup yet another "C.O.R." cover(wish bands would start looking deeper into Marc's cataloge) but this is IT !! IMHO the absolute best reggae cover ever done of a Marc track, not to be missed
- WW111 -"Children of Revolution"
a real new spin on this Bolan Classic..Puts the rock in revolution
- Win- "Slider".
- Wilmer X- "20th Century Boy".
- Jamie West- "Ride A White Swan".
Jamie drags "R.A.W.S." into the Disco/Dance Clubs
- Zombie Punk Squard- "Yodeling X-Mas Boogie".
From our Very own "Punk Zombie Paul" also listed in the REX-MAS section
Till Dawn Main Site
Copyright © 2003 The Till Dawn Organization. All Rights Reserved.